Friday, January 05, 2007

Back from Christmas break

Kind of a boring post, but I just wanted to recap my Christmas. During my time in the states, I:

  • went caroling the night I flew into Boston
  • drove two days in a rented car with all the stuff I left in my sisters' apartment and with a Friday night stopover in DC
  • came all the way from overseas only to find myself helping to lead the singing at a church I haven't attended in nearly two years (gotta love Wade Williams' faith in his choir alumni)
  • saw Dave perform in a Christmas Eve service and briefly re-united with my faculty adviser at said service
  • sang "While Shepherds Watched" to the tune of "How Sweet and Awesome" - it works, try it!
  • woke up first on Christmas morning due to different body clock
  • upon receiving a pilates DVD as a present, did pilates three times in the past week
  • met up with friends Todd, Cole, Ana Maria, Tacy, Elizabeth, Heidi, Caitlin & family
  • went with the family to see "The Good Shepherd"
  • had a huge Chinese dinner, courtesy of Joe, with the Drexlers, Schimpfs, and Gienapps
  • played pool with sisters, Jon, MC, and Nate
  • went to Asheville for New Year's where we hung out with more relatives, started work on an "everyone can sing" worship song book, went bowling, watched the Simpsons and football, and went hiking
  • spent more time with my parents than I have in a long while, and admired my mother for her brave recovery from knee surgery
  • talked to my boyfriend every single day at least once, and used Joe's Macbook to do webcam - highly recommended for all separated couples and friends
But perhaps the greatest thing that happened to me was the discovery of the Colbert Report. I'd heard this fellow's name before, but I can't believe I'd never heard more about him or watched his show. I feel a bit behind, but I'm so glad the aquaintance was made.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah. Recomend the Webcam...

Anonymous said...

it was so nice to be with all you guys in asheville. bowling reawakened something deep inside.