Monday, May 14, 2007

Westvleteren

We got Westvleteren! Here is the proof:

Westvleteren beer, considered by BeerAdvocate.com and RateBeer.com to be the most enjoyable beer in the world, is brewed at the Westvleteren Trappist Abbey in Flanders. Technically, you cannot get this beer unless you actually go to the abbey. But as we were leaving the town of Gent last Friday, we saw a sign in front of a small restaurant that advertised the beer, and mercifully they let us take a couple of bottles out. We were giddy all the way home. We bought the 8% and the recently introduced pale ale 6%. We're saving the pale ale for later. Yum!

On a totally different subject, I recently finished the Harry Potter series, and I wanted to post one of my predictions for the last book before it comes out in July. Snape will die to save Harry's life. I am not claiming whether this will be intentional or unintentional, but it will happen. Mark my words.




3 comments:

Laura said...

We told a small group friend about your prediction, and he said it's been foreshadowed since the 2nd book. But he also believes that someone else is going to die as well. So we'll see.

Anna said...

Oh, bollocks. He's just saying that to sound smart. I mean, JK Rowling can write whatever she wants, right? Snape could just die, with no effect on Harry's life whatsoever. Well, I didn't say my prediction was unique or original, and I made it without looking at other people's predictions. And we know that someone else will die, probably a good person, because Rowling has implied this.

Anonymous said...

Save us some of that special beer! Or take us to it.